- Serve Central
- Service Opportunities
- Music Ministry
- Preschool Academy
- Moms in Ministry
- Trail Life USA & American Heritage Girls
- Clothing Kids for the Kingdom
- Run For God
(sign-up form at bottom of page)
At Summit we have many significant ways for you to get involved and experience the joy and meaning of serving others. Following is a list of our ongoing opportunities. Below the list is an online sign-up form for you to begin the process. If you do not see the opportunity you are interested in please complete the form and tell us what you are looking for. Opportunities include:
Prayer is the heartbeat of Summit. It is our lifeline to God and our ministry to each other. The beauty of the prayer ministry is that everyone can do it! If you know the Lord as your Savior, your prayers are a powerful of that relationship. We invite you to join in the ministry at Summit. Opportunities include:
- Prayer Ministry Team – Receive Summit’s Prayer List and pray each week for the needs of our church.
- Sunday a.m. Prayer Team – Prior to/during our Sunday morning gathering times, go through facilities and pray for God to do a mighty work in the lives of all who come our way. Also, pray for staff and leadership.
- Watchfire – Sunday Nights at 6:00 pm – Meet with others to pray for spiritual renewal, His church, and the world – Room C101
- National Day of Prayer and Fasting – the first Thursday of May – Sign up for half hour to hour intercession, as we unite with our Summit family and believers around America to humble ourselves before God, seek His face and His will. Visit our Resource Page – Spiritual Disciplines tab to download the first two resources: “The Disciples Prayer” which is a scriptural resource for praying, and “Fasting – The Forgotten Discipline” for some Biblical teaching on this spiritual discipline. Both are PDF files.
- Connections Small Group Leaders
- Parking Lot Team
- Summit Signage Ministry Team
- Women’s Ministry
- Men’s Ministry
- Food Pantry
- Disciple Makers
- People willing to serve as Connection Leaders
- Volunteer to sell books in the Parent Resource Center
- Preschool – volunteer once a month on rotation on Sunday mornings at 9:30 or 11:00 am. Current need is 20+ new volunteers.
- Children – 3rd Grade assistant in Connections Sunday School at 9:30 am.
- Volunteer to lead Kids Bible Club on Sundays at 11:00 am on a rotational basis. Current need is 6-8 volunteers.
- AWANA on Wednesday nights – need adults willing to serve as “listeners” and extra hands in the classrooms. Current need is 6-8 volunteers.
- Volunteer to clean nursery, wash laundry, disinfect toys and furniture.
- Serve at big events – VBS, Summer Camp, Fall Festival, especially as part of the planning team.
- Use your creative juices as part of a bulletin board ministry.
- Creative Communications volunteer to keep website, Facebook and twitter all abuzz with current information.
- Sanctuary choir – meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm (no auditioning process).
- Orchestra – meets on Sunday evenings at 5:30 pm (no audition process).
- Ensemble Ministry.
- Solo Ministry.
- Guitar players for Sunday worship.
- Camera operators (training provided).
- Power Point/Video Projection volunteers (training provided).
- DMX Lighting volunteer (training provided).
- Video Editing (some experience required).
- School Partner in Education volunteer.
- School “reader” volunteer.
- Partner in Education tutoring volunteer.
- Special Event Marketing volunteer.
More Great Opportunities
- Trail Life, American Heritage Girls.
- Celebrate Recovery – be trained to help people struggling with hurts, bad habits, and hang-ups.
- Baker Elementary special needs event
- Connecting with a school – ongoing service and support.
- Mexico missions – building and skilled labor.
- Builders for Christ.
- James Ministry – repairs, construction needs.
- SBCA volunteer with Library/Media Center.
- Office volunteers – Friday mornings, special projects.
- Data entry as we update contact information.
- Home Owners meeting hospitality team.
- Helping Single-Parent Moms in our church and community.
- Dogwood Forest – senior living facility.
- Visiting people in hospitals, shut-ins, and assisted living centers.
- Facility repair, renovation for future.