- Serve Central
- Service Opportunities
- Music Ministry
- Preschool Academy
- Trail Life USA & American Heritage Girls
- Sew In Love Quilt Ministry
(sign-up form at bottom of page)
At Summit we have many significant ways for you to get involved and experience the joy and meaning of serving others. Following is a list of our ongoing opportunities. Below the list is an online sign-up form for you to begin the process. If you do not see the opportunity you are interested in please complete the form and tell us what you are looking for. Opportunities include:
Prayer is the heartbeat of Summit. It is our lifeline to God and our ministry to each other. The beauty of the prayer ministry is that everyone can do it! If you know the Lord as your Savior, your prayers are a powerful of that relationship. We invite you to join in the ministry at Summit. Opportunities include:
- Prayer Ministry Team – Receive Summit’s Prayer List and pray each week for the needs of our church.
- Sunday a.m. Prayer Team – Prior to/during our Sunday morning gathering times, go through facilities and pray for God to do a mighty work in the lives of all who come our way. Also, pray for staff and leadership.
- Watchfire – Sunday Nights at 6:00 pm – Meet with others to pray for spiritual renewal, His church, and the world – Room C101
- National Day of Prayer and Fasting – the first Thursday of May – Sign up for half hour to hour intercession, as we unite with our Summit family and believers around America to humble ourselves before God, seek His face and His will. Visit our Resource Page – Spiritual Disciplines tab to download the first two resources: “The Disciples Prayer” which is a scriptural resource for praying, and “Fasting – The Forgotten Discipline” for some Biblical teaching on this spiritual discipline. Both are PDF files.
- Connections Small Group Leaders – Ongoing community groups
- Parking Lot Team – Sunday Morning Greeters
- Summit Signage Ministry Team
- Women’s Ministry
- Men’s Ministry
- Food Pantry
- Journey Group Leaders – discipleship oriented short term groups
- Teacher (Small group team leader)
- Class Administrator – Responsible for all administrative responsibilities in class, organinizing at least four class socials during the year, as well as parent contact. Responsible for relationships with students weekly as well as occasional teaching.
- Welcome Desk – Greets and serves students before Connections at the Welcome Desk in M 200 hallway
- Small Group Leader – Lead a small group of students into deeper discussion of what was taught during the message.
- Welcome Desk & Visitor Check-In – Responsible for greeting students, answering questions, giving infor about events, etc, and checking in visitors.
- Security – Help maintain a safe and secure environment for Summit guests. Students are not allowed to leave the student center past 6:30, check out café windows for parking lot roamers.
4 Step Plug-In Process
- Observation – Potential volunteers observe areas of ministry twice and are given an Observation packet that includes job descriptions, leader handbook, and leader application.
- Potential Volunteer Interview – All potential volunteers will meet with one of our team members for a 30 minute interview to help determine your area of interest, our needs, expectations, and potential start date.
- SUNDAY CONNECTIONS – New volunteers are required to attend Leadership Meetings once a month on the 1st Sunday of the month.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT VOLUNTEERS – meet the first Wednesday Night of the Month at 5:30pm.
- 1st Serve
- GO Time! – After the previous three steps have been completed and a background check has been passed, you will begin serving in HSM!
- Preschool – 2 connection leaders; Every other week for Babies & Toddler/2’s
- Volunteer assistants – 1 time a month – rotational assistants
- Kindergarten – Connections Lead @ 9:30
- Summit Kid’s Hospitality – 8 volunteers per Sunday
- K.I.D.S. Time on Wednesday nights
- Serve at big events – VBS, Summer Camp, Fall Festival, especially as part of the planning team.
- Creative Communications volunteer to keep website, Facebook and twitter all abuzz with current information.
- Special Events Team
- Sanctuary choir – meets on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm (no auditioning process).
- Orchestra – meets on Sunday evenings at 5:30 pm (no audition process).
- Ensemble Ministry.
- Solo Ministry.
- Guitar players for Sunday worship.
- Camera operators (training provided).
- Power Point/Video Projection volunteers (training provided).
- DMX Lighting volunteer (training provided).
- Video Editing (some experience required).
- School Partner in Education volunteer.
- School “reader” volunteer.
- Partner in Education tutoring volunteer.
- Special Event Marketing volunteer.
More Great Opportunities
- Trail Life, American Heritage Girls.
- Celebrate Recovery – be trained to help people struggling with hurts, bad habits, and hang-ups.
- Baker Elementary special needs event
- Connecting with a school – ongoing service and support.
- Builders for Christ.
- SBCA volunteer with Library/Media Center.
- Office volunteers – Friday mornings, special projects.
- Data entry as we update contact information.
- Home Owners meeting hospitality team.
- Helping Single-Parent Moms in our church and community.
- Visiting people in hospitals, shut-ins, and assisted living centers.
- Facility repair, renovation for future.